Mar. 17, 2022
This is placeholder text. To change this content, double-click on the element and click Change Content.
When we need to fix something that we know nothing about it can be scary to have to hope that you have chosen the right professional. The roofing industry in Ontario is unregulated meaning that any handy guy with a truck and a ladder can claim to be a roofer. Your home is one of your largest investments and replacing a roofing system one of the more expensive. You don’t want to have a “pop up” roofer do a temporary job that can cause long term problems for you.
GBS Contracting Inc has put together a list of items to look for or ask about when hiring a roofing contractor.
- How long has the company been in business?
- Do they have a permanent office address?
- Will you get an estimate in writing?
- Will there be a written warranty on product and labour?
- Does the company have current WSIB covering everyone on the job site and Liability Insurance?
- Does the company have employees or sub contractors?
- Is the contractor Certified in the roofing product they are installing?
- Is the contractor a member of any local business associations?
Never base your decision on price point alone, a “pop up” roofing contractor can charge less as they are not paying for all the proper costs of running a solid business, but chances are they will not be around to honour any guarantee. Roofing is one of the most dangerous areas of employment and therefore it is crucial to be setup with employees that are trained and insured correctly. Most employed roofers do not even have health benefits provided to them at all.
GBS Contracting Inc is a believer that your employees are your business and take their employee’s health and safety very seriously.